Sunday, March 27, 2011

Poster Unknown..."Walker Survivor"

Note: I should explain.

The last three postings that you have seen have been from me.  I'm calling myself "Walker Survivor" to keep my true identity unknown. It isn't completely safe yet as the authorities are still trying to figure out the true cause of the so-called zombie outbreak. But the Internet is back up.

I had followed the posts from Dan (you may not remember, but he is the person behind the Johnny Dog Journal) until the Internet went completely black on March 4th 2011. The story he was telling certainly left me with hope of being rescued from my own hiding spot.

Spin forward. I had decided to find my way to Boyne to join their group. Pretty risky, but I was relatively close. (I would rather not disclose where I was hiding.) I never made it there.

This is the amazing part. As civilization has begun to recover (although under Marshall Law) I began to wander outside, feeling I wouldn't be leaving myself open to a zombie attack. On one particularly nice day, I stumbled upon a stray dog. She seemed friendly. She had a black coat, with a white tip on her tail. Her face was gray/white and she had a spot on one of her hips that looked like the Greek letter "Omega".

This dog seemed familiar to me. I had some bread with me and offered it to her. As she approached, I noticed she had a collar, and attached to it was a USB drive. She gladly ate the bread, and I was able to coax her to follow me home.

When we got into my home (loosely defined, more like my hovel) I took the USB drive off her collar and plugged it into my computer. It had a single Word document file. Title-"Johnny Dog Journal"!

This was Johnny Dog! I couldn't believe it!

The document is Dan's entire journal. It also contains the User Name and Password to this site. Although not specifically stated by Dan, I believe he intended for the person who found the file to post the journal, if there were survivors and a recovery from the outbreak.

I'm going to continue to post this journal in chronological order. It's a story that continues to be worth telling.

Johnny Dog is safe with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment