Wednesday, December 15, 2010

12.15.10 Where It Started To Go Wrong

Jerry, Greg and I have been in the warehouse for two days entertaining ourselves with the outstanding collection of video games here. Probably one of the best places to stay while figuring out our next steps with this epidemic upon us. Only thing that could be better would be a Costco as we would definitely have more food choices. Getting more food will become a priority soon.

Johnny Dog likes all the room in the warehouse. Turns out shrink-wrapped video games fly like Frisbees and are great to play fetch with.

Still not seeing much on TV or hearing much on the radio. Live updates have slowed to once every 4 hours or so, and even those are painting a much rosier picture of the situation than what Greg witnessed at Mercy.

We are getting better info from chats on the Internet and interestingly enough, online via our headsets while playing Call of Duty: Black Ops. Comments on this blog too. Sorting through all the rumors is tough, but we have a high level of confidence in a couple of things:

People are dying once they contract this disease.

There is no cure.

Don't go to to treatment centers if you are healthy. Once people head there, they are not heard from again.

And there are reports that the dead are waking up. GULP!

I stopped taking the anti-depressants. I would have thought that this situation would make me feel worse, but there is something exhilarating about this situation, the questions, the great unknown, blah, blah, blah.

Since people are actually reading this, and we seem to have some kind of network going here, please allow me to indulge myself by by posting a little personal history.

I don't think I want to discuss the alienation of my family just yet, other than to say it was my fault.

I'm 28 years old. I got a degree in Sociology from The Ohio State University, GO BUCKS! It's just a bachelors degree and everyone warned me that I wouldn't get a job with that degree, but I was able to find a job in Human Resources at one of the local manufacturing facilities.

Not a bad job, until last year. Economy tanked, and our plant closed. I was basically the last one out the door, but had to lay-off 233 people. My story isn't much different than many other people who had to do this, but it set me into a tailspin of depression. I wouldn't leave my apartment, wouldn't look for a job, and wouldn't get help. My Mom and Dad wanted to help, but I wouldn't let them.

This is the first time I have written about this. I think that's enough for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment