Thursday, December 2, 2010

12.2.10

Catching up on the last couple of days.

I had my appointment with Dr. Angelise on Tuesday. Got there a little before 11am and noticed that Monique wasn't in her usual place in the anteroom to Dr. Angelise's office. When Dr. Angelise came to get me, she said that Monique had called in sick. She didn't know what was wrong with her.

It had been two weeks since I had seen Dr. Angelise, and of course the first thing she wanted to know was how I was feeling. I mentioned that the Thanksgiving holidays had been a little tough, but I had a dog  now and I was feeling a lot better. I told her I had thought that Johnny Dog was a calming influence for me.

Dr. Angelise asked me to tell her more about Johnny Dog and our relationship. But as I was starting to share more with her she suddenly broke out in a sweat. Her face became flush, and it was obvious she was not feeling well.

She got up to grab a bottle of water out of her refrigerator.

"Dr. Angelise, are you OK?"

"Yes, I think I will be in just a minute." She responded. "I think I might be having some kind of hot-flash. Not uncommon for a women of my age."

She mustered up a slight smile. "Do you mind if we cut our session short today? I think I might need to rest a little and wouldn't be at my best for you."

"Of course." I said. "How about we just pick-up where we left off at next week's session."

"Thank you. I will see you next week then."

As I left her office, she made her way to one of her couches and laid down.

After I left Dr. Angelise's office I went home and picked up Johnny Dog. Had a mid-afternoon lunch at a local Greek restaurant. As it turns out the owner is a dog lover so he let me come in with Johnny Dog. I had a gyro and fries. He didn't have any help at the restaurant, and no other customers. He said that his lunch shift (2 girls) had called in sick.

I've noticed less cars on the roads today. I haven't heard any reports on the TV or radio about anything weird going on, but it's certainly curious.

I have a job interview tomorrow. It's the first prospect in a long time. 2nd shift at a local distribution center. They distribute video games and consoles (XBox, PS3) to the local Best Buy's, Target's etc. Need to get some kind of income so hopefully I show well.

Another thing. For the first time I have started to see some weird behavior out of Johnny Dog. She really seems on edge.

No comments:

Post a Comment