Sunday, January 16, 2011

1.16.11 Good News, Bad News

I have tried to follow Jerry's recommendation and not blog about this experience any more. He is so paranoid that I will reveal our location to gangs of marauders, his word not mine. But as I've mentioned before, I need to for my own sanity.

On with it. The good news. Johnny Dog is doing much better. The attention that Jen paid to her was incredible, and must have helped alleviate the symptoms Johnny Dog was experiencing. The combination of being exhausted and dehydrated from trying to lose the undead pursuers had certainly taken it's toll on her. But she is eating and drinking and gingerly walking around the warehouse. She won't be ready for any new rescue operations for a while.

The bad news. The walkers that usually wander by our location are now wandering around the building aimlessly. They are definitely not passing by any more. We have yet to take action. As noted in "The Zombie Survival Guide", noise will attract more of them. However at some point we will have to act, as we only have about 6 more days of food.

Did Max Brooks know something we didn't when he wrote "The Zombie Survival Guide" in 2003? Obviously that book, which I assumed had been written tongue-in-cheek, must have had some basis in fact.

I wonder how he is doing right now.

Gotta go. Jerry is coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment