Tuesday, January 4, 2011

1.4.11 Johnny Dog is back!

Johnny Dog showed up at the warehouse this afternoon!

It was a sunny, but very cold day today. I was staring out the second floor window watching more walkers wander by. About 3pm I noticed an animal approaching from the West. I followed it as it made it's way closer and then realized it was Johnny Dog!

She came to the door and started barking. I headed downstairs to let her in, but her barking must have gained the attention of some walkers that were wandering by. I couldn't chance letting them see me through the glass entrance doors. Johnny Dog did see me and started scratching at the door, but to my amazement, stopped when she noticed three of the walkers heading in her direction.

Even more amazing was what Johnny Dog did next. She started running away from the warehouse, barking as she ran. Of course the walkers followed her! She disappeared from sight for about ten minutes, but then returned, running to the door, but not barking. She was smart enough to realize that the walkers were attracted by noise and had drawn them away!

I let her in. She was very excited to see me. Jen and Billy had also come downstairs. It was Jen that noticed a slip of paper under Johnny Dog's collar. I pulled it out. It was a note from Jerry.

There were holed up at an Ameristop about four miles from the warehouse. They were OK, at least at the point the note was written, but were surrounded by walkers. They had taken a chance that Johnny Dog would find her way back to the warehouse.

We needed to get to them right away. We didn't have the Jeep, but my car was still here. The real issue was how were we going to rescue Jerry and Greg with the Ameristop surrounded by walkers. We needed a plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment