Thursday, January 27, 2011

1.27.11 Boyne

We made it to Boyne Mountain. What a relief!

The five of us had been jammed together in the Jeep for the last leg of the trip. The Impala wouldn't start yesterday.

The starter on the Impala must have been busted. We had jumper cables, but it just wouldn't turnover. Jerry got pissed and ripped the cables off of the Impala battery and tore one of the clamps off the cable rendering them useless.

15 other cars were abandoned at the rest stop, most with keys, but none of them would start. Go figure. A car sits in below zero weather for a month and it doesn't start. Jumper cables would have come in handy.

As a group we have gotten along pretty well since our ordeal started. I guess the circumstances got the best of me, because when Jerry busted the cables and we couldn't fix them, I called him a dumbass under my breath.

He heard me. Then he lit into me.

"You have no room to talk! I know you continue to blog! I know it was you who attracted the walkers to us back in Bowling Green with the glow of that damned computer!"

I told him to fuck off. Billy intervened, told both of us to calm down. I huffed away.

With five of us in the Jeep, with all of our stuff and Johnny Dog...well, needless to say it was a very tense drive.

But we made it to Boyne and we found decent shelter. I'll apologize to Jerry later.

No comments:

Post a Comment